Monday, December 21, 2015

Jet Setting and Goodbyes

The day you leave you will experience so many emotions its hard to comprehend. Most moments you will be numb, its surreal,


"Am I really doing this? Seriously can we turn the car around. I miss my bed already."

Especially if you are leaving your best friend behind. Its such an emotional roller coaster you will not know what hit you till your standing in customs.


At least that was what happened to me. I was fine, cool as a cucumber. Till I hit the boarding gate. And my best friend had to say goodbye, along with my flight buddy we said goodbye to our friends and family. But they just wouldn't leave.

Pro tip. Tell these people to GTFO before you hit the boarding gate. 

Why you ask? Because they will make you cry uncontrollably into your flight gear until your on the plane.

Emotional roller coaster at its peak. They realise just how real the situation is and so do you. Its heartbreaking.

In all sincerity just keep calm. You get on the plane, its the longest flight of your entire fucking life and your sitting next to a bunch of strangers that think you have mental illness because you keep crying and blowing your nose like your dog just died. Knock it off. You ll be fine. Be nice even. Get to know these people. If you like me and you've departed to Australia... You'll quickly realise the flight of 5 hours isn't so bad. You land in Vancouver jet lagged but alright. Its the next 16 hours you have to worry about.

photo- wikipedia
So trust me. Eat. Emotionally eat. Its comforting and you'll need it. Bring a bottle of water as well. You cant even begin to comprehend how thirsty you will be 2 hours into the flight and the stewardesses will get tired of you ringing the bell for the smallest cup of water you've ever seen 12 times during the flight.

You will get cold, and you will need a pillow. Plan accordingly.

Final pro tip? Lip Balm and a braid. Chapstick, Vaseline, Burts bees whatever floats your boat, just have that shit on you no mater what you will need it. And if you have long hair. You will come off the plane looking like a greasy prisoner so try to keep it clean by braiding your hair back off your face. Trust me, you'll thank me later. 
Photo- Her campus

The Beached Blonde Abroad



No comments:

Post a Comment