Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas 2015 - Brighton Beach

Merry Christmas From Oz!


Christmas happened In another Country for me this year. Australia. We spent the day at my apartment in Melbourne for a fabulous feast, (Bacon Wrapped Turkey, Green Beans, Herbed stuffing, and Cranberry Sauce). Then we headed out to Brighton Beach to check out the huts and beach for the afternoon. Before I reveal all the amazing photos I'd just like to give a shout out to snow who gets a bad rap for often being the cold, unwelcome guest of many Canadians Holiday. I however LOVE snow and I miss it! So this was a very strange and different experience. I was super glad I met a friend introduced to me by my bestie Russian, Norwegian, Italian Pirate friend Karina <3 (Shout outs to her for being boss). My Christmas dinner date was  Karin and we had a BLAST! 

I tried to show her the best Canadian version of Christmas food I could as she is from Holland...Netherlands...Frisia... its all very complicated. 



Shes just a wonderful Horse loving great person I am so happy I met.
 

 





After this we took a really nice swim, minus the rocks and coral that kept attacking me and my feet and trying to kill me. And took a nice walk exploring the Bathing Huts along the Beach. FYI Canada, get on this shit do you know how many tourists come here just to stare at colourful shacks?!


Then we took the train for free because Melbourne rocks and does cool shit like that for Christmas to there citizens as a present. 

All it in all it was a fabulous Christmas, we ended at the Southern Cross Train Station for some reason eating Whoppers and Coke and people watching and trying identify possible terrorists. The police force was out like crazy and made us so nervous. Between the abandoned luggage and sketchy types you find in transit centers we had a blast laughing and comparing childhood stories. 

The Beached Blonde Abroad

No comments:

Post a Comment