Monday, December 21, 2015

Welcome to Sydney, Its cold, Its Raining, Its Spring.

Were In Australia BITCHES!

Coogee Beach. EEK Freezing and Raining 
JUST KIDDING... After we landed we realized it was cold, raining and apparently insanely busy in Sydney Australia. 
BRRRRRR
I wore sweaters and pants and socks and shoes for the first week. Desperate for a tan we braved most of our explorations in t shirts but I ended up being frozen and drinking way to much hot coffee to compensate. 

Photo- The Guardian
FYI coffee in Australia is like gold. Its expensive as fuck. You might as well just throw away your bank card because 1 small cup is 5$. And its not coffee. You know the beautiful large double double you get from Tim Hortons. That Shit does not exist here. Its all espresso based in the form of flat white-black-latte-or cappuccino. Only the lower class coffee places dare bastardize things like Starbucks style with caramel, fraps and toffee flavouring. Which granted. Are my favorite. I definitely had to indulge in a Caramel Machiatto my first week here on a coffee date with my lovely friend Lauren. We had Adult girl chats and talked about things like. work and boys and how many part monsters we endured during our first week. 
Photo- Macleans

Iceburg Club Bondi Beach




The first week was intense to say the least. I am a straight up old person. There is no other way to put it. Old soul is a kind way of saying Catherine, Your Old As Fuck. So for me to be immersed in a life of 18 year olds drinking and partying and drinking games and bar hopping and late nights and way to much site seeing and obliterating all my social boundaries talking to a million different people I have never met before in my life. 
Coogee to Bondi Boardwalk - Cold Rainy and Dang, That grave yard was Huge

Needless to say I was exhausted, excited, nervous and home sick all at the same time. And not to mention travelling with someone who is my complete opposite socially. Danielle and I butted heads more then once but boy were we glad we had each other in those moments because shit got scary and real and new fast after we landed. 

We quickly learned that even though Sydney is stunning, it has massively beautiful architecture, structures, and waterfront areas it just rubbed us wrong. We just didn't fit in that big city.

So whats a girl to do? Try something completely new. Out of our comfort zones is where the most fun happens..

Next post gets better I swear. This looks like MORDOR lol but I promise I have action pics and amazing photos of the beauty of Australia too. Its just what happens when you land in this country in Spring. Shit gets wet and cold fast!

The Beached Blonde Abroad



No comments:

Post a Comment